Learn about upcoming events scheduled for 2017 across Ontario (PDF)
Little things YOU do can make a BIG difference to end abuse of older adults
It’s time to start a movement of social change that engages whole communities across Ontario to end abuse of older adults.
In collaboration with the Ontario Seniors Secretariat, Elder Abuse Ontario and Western University invite you to become one of our 2017 Champions for Change!
What YOU can do:
Contact us to register for one of eight regional workshops (below). (Please note that we are asking participants to commit to action after the workshop by making 3 presentations in your community by the fall of 2017. We will provide you with all the materials and strategize as a group at the workshop about where to make your presentations to have the greatest impact.)
At the one-day regional workshop,
- You will meet other passionate advocates and professionals who have been identified as leaders and influencers
- We will set highly ‘do-able’ goals and make a coordinated plan to engage your community
- You will learn about It’s Not Right! Neighbours, Friends and Families for Older Adults (INR-NFF) – a proven, high performing education and engagement tool
You will take-away the INR-NFF tools and materials to be able to deliver presentations. Each participant will commit to doing 3 presentations by Fall 2017.
There is no cost for registration or for the materials.
Regional workshops will be held from 9am – 4pm on these dates:
- Feb 15th - 416 Centre Street South, Whitby, Ontario, L1N 4W2
- Feb 24th - 2655 North Sheridan Way, Mississauga, Ontario, L5K 2P8
- March 2nd - P&H Centre, 269-7th Avenue, Hanover, Ontario, N4N 2H5
- March 7th - The Council on Aging of Ottawa, 101 - 1247 Kilborn Place, Ottawa, Ontario, K1H 6K9
- March 20th - 4180 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke, Ontario, M8X 1X8
- March 27th - 659 Exeter Road, London, Ontario, N6E 1L3
- March 29th - 225 Falconbridge Rd, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5K4
- March 31th - 66D Front Street Sioux Lookout, Ontario, P8T 1A8
- Spring 2017 - French Language Event - date and location to be determined
Who should attend:
Citizens, Advocates and Professionals who want to be part of the YOU Power movement to end abuse of older adults. Participants should have experience with public speaking and making presentations. Be prepared to take action by committing to making 3 INR-NFF presentations by the Fall 2017.
Register today! Spaces are limited
CONTACT: Barb Potter at 519-661-2111 ext. 87486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunch will provided.
**Travel subsidies are available if you are traveling in from a rural or remote community.
View Travel Subsidy form here (PDF).